facebook

Friday, January 14, 2011

Kelley Rush, Mentor, Teacher, Devoted Yogi...

I have been a yoga teacher for about two and a half years. I stepped into a few classes and the more I practiced yoga and the wonderful teachers and people in the studios, the more I felt I belonged. I experienced a few teachers in particular to whom I developed a reverence. Once the decision had been made to pursue training I looked upon what other teachers had brought me.

I remember stepping onto the mat in a little studio in the deep backwoods of Washington state; Two Rivers Yoga. Kelly Rush was the instructor, and also the owner of this great little place I had been told about. The experience of Forrest Yoga was intensely visceral. The room smelled of freshly cleansing sage. Her presence and the spirit in which she guided us through asana was incredibly refreshing. The energy of the room could have only been created by a sublime soul and her band of practically disciple like yogis! Finally a class that really ended with OM's and hugs!

I live a distance away from Kelly's studio, but have been back semi regularly over the last three years. Even with her other wonderful teachers, Kelly's energy is always there!

Now my friend is in a battle for her life. Scores of yogis assembled to raise funds for her and her family as Anna Forest herself led us through a workshop. I hope to repay the spirit and inspiration she gave me to become a light bearer of 5000 years of yogis by encouraging anyone I can to make that trip to her little barn in the woods. Her trusted assistants will carry the business indefinitely, and the more friends of Kelly support her absence the more Karma will be sent to heal her.

I know scores of people that have had to deal with or even succumb to cancer this past year. I plan to support efforts for anyone suffering to find cures for cancers of all kinds. To give selflessly is to receive the wealth of Gods grace! I hope you will join me in my mission, or find one of your own.

Peace to you all!!

Nomaste'

Brian M. Dotson

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

This is a question for the webmaster/admin here at eightfoldarts.blogspot.com.

May I use some of the information from your blog post right above if I provide a link back to your website?

Thanks,
Daniel

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

Thanks for sharing this link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here at eightfoldarts.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Thanks,
James

Brian D said...

try this, James... http://eightfoldarts.blogspot.com/2011/01/support-of-your-heros.html#links

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

I have a question for the webmaster/admin here at eightfoldarts.blogspot.com.

May I use part of the information from your blog post right above if I give a link back to your website?

Thanks,
Peter

Brian D said...

Please use it as you like...

Brian

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here at eightfoldarts.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Thanks,
John

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

This is a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at eightfoldarts.blogspot.com.

May I use some of the information from this post above if I provide a link back to this site?

Thanks,
Peter

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Thanks for sharing the link - but unfortunately it seems to be not working? Does anybody here at eightfoldarts.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Cheers,
Daniel

Anonymous said...

Hey - I am certainly delighted to discover this. great job!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am certainly delighted to discover this. great job!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the interesting information

Anonymous said...

.

Brian D said...

.

Anonymous said...

.

Brian D said...

.